Enhancements per Serving (30 servings): 250 mg Organic Turmeric + 225 mg GLM (New Zealand waters) + 100 mg Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil.
Our organic turmeric (Curcuma longa), pure and Indian origin, is an ancient antioxidant known for its anti-inflammatory properties and used for centuries throughout Indonesia and Southeast Asia. There are over 1,000 worldwide published animal and human studies, both in vivo and in vitro in which the effects of curcumin, the major constituent in turmeric, have been examined, including memory support. We start with our organic superfoods powder and blend in organic turmeric, green lipped mussels (from pristine New Zealand waters) and wild Alaskan salmon oil as an anti-inflammatory boost. We then infuse with non-GMO CBD that has been harvested from non-psychoactive agricultural industrial hemp oil.
Powdered form is beneficial for two reasons:
1) seniors with dental problems miss out on nutrients
2) powdered form spares digestive energy
From ancient times, turmeric has been used to treat sprains and swelling. It is well-documented in exhibiting many health benefits, including:
*blood thinner, helping to open blood vessels in order to improve blood circulation
* improves fat digestion by stimulating bile production in the liver and encouraging excretion of bile via the gallbladder
*curcumin holds a high place in Ayurvedic medicine as a “cleanser of the body”.
Turmeric’s major constituent is curcumin, making turmeric a superfood rich in phytochemicals. It is fat-soluble, which helps assimilate well with our organic fatty acids, including our pure, organic coconut oil and Omega-3 fatty acids found in our organic chia and flaxseeds. All of these ingredients are finely ground to increase assimilation/absorption.
Small (Less than 26 Pounds): One level teaspoon with meal (2 times per day).
Medium (26 to 60 Pounds): Two level teaspoons with meal (2 times per day).
Large (61+ Pounds): Two level teaspoons with meal (2 times per day).Ref: Organic Turmeric
1. National Center for Biotechnology Institution; Herbal Medicine
2. From traditional Ayurvedic medicine to modern medicine: Identification of therapeutic targets for suppression of inflammation and cancer.
3. Biological activities of Curcuma longa L.
4. Indian Academy Neurology; The effect of curcumin (turmeric) on Alzheimer’s disease: An overview
Why include GLM powder in Wonder Dog Superfoods™? One of many reasons:
Evaluating Complementary Therapies for Canine Osteoarthritis Part I: Green-lipped Mussel (Perna canaliculus).
This superfood is a great addition for supporting healthy joints. For example, a green-lipped mussel (GLM) preparation was evaluated in a randomized, double-controlled and double-blinded clinical trial. (5) The study below was funded by the Finnish Foundation of Veterinary Research, Helvi Knuuttila Foundation. As far as side-effects from these products, they were neither severe nor related to any group. Pallatability was not a concern. In addition, GLM has a slower onset but a longer effect. The preliminary human study by Gibson et al. indicated that the beneficial effects of GLM treatment, could last for two to three weeks after cessation of therapy, if given for at least two months. Their follow-up evaluation was at week twelve, four weeks after discontinuation of the trial, and the beneficial effects were still evident as could be seen e.g. by a smaller intake of extra carprofen in the GLM group compared to the two other groups. Many studies show GLM to be particularly helpful in relieving pain in dogs suffering from osteoarthritis (OA). Nearly 50% of all dogs are 6+ years of age. A common ailment in many aging dogs is osteoarthritis, a painful, debilitating disease of degenerating joints. In fact, research suggests that GLM may have chondroprotective properties due to its Glycosaminoglycans (GAG) , especially chondroitin sulfate, content (5). Chondroitin is a major component of cartilage.
Ref: GLM (Green Lipped Mussel)
1. Effect of a diet enriched with green-lipped mussel on pain behavior and functioning in dogs with clinical osteoarthritis
2. Clinical efficacy and tolerance of an extract of green-lipped mussel (Perna canaliculus) in dogs presumptively diagnosed with degenerative joint disease.
3. Evaluating Complementary Therapies for Canine Osteoarthritis
4. American Veterinary Medical Association; U.S. Pet Ownership & Demographics Sourcebook 2012 Edition; Veterinary services/products provided during the most recent veterinary visit by dog-owning households, 1996-2011; page 73.
FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION (FDA) DISCLOSURE: These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease. Always check with your physician before starting a new dietary supplement program.