DOG JOINT SUPPORT: Green Lipped Mussel/GLM (Perna canaliculus)
1. Effects of a diet enriched with green lipped mussel on pain behavior and functioning in dogs with clinical osteoarthritis (OA).
2. The influence of green lipped mussel powder (Perna canaliculus) on alleviating arthritic signs in dogs.
3. Evaluating Complementary Therapies for Canine Osteoarthritis Part I: Green-lipped Mussel (Perna canaliculus).
There have been many studies on the health benefits of green lipped mussel. For example, a green-lipped mussel (GLM) preparation was evaluated in a randomized, double-controlled and double-blinded clinical trial. (1) The study was funded by the Finnish Foundation of Veterinary Research, Helvi Knuuttila Foundation. As far as side-effects from these products, they were neither severe nor related to any group. Pallatability was not a concern. In addition, GLM has a slower onset but a longer effect. The preliminary human study by Gibson et al. indicated that the beneficial effects of GLM treatment, could last for two to three weeks after cessation of therapy, if given for at least two months. Their follow-up evaluation was at week twelve, four weeks after discontinuation of the trial, and the beneficial effects were still evident as could be seen e.g. by a smaller intake of extra carprofen in the GLM group compared to the two other groups. Many studies show GLM to be particularly helpful in relieving pain in dogs suffering from osteoarthritis (OA). Nearly 50% of all dogs are 6+ years of age. A common ailment in many aging dogs is osteoarthritis, a painful, debilitating disease of degenerating joints. In fact, research suggests that GLM may have chondroprotective properties due to its Glycosaminoglycans (GAG) , especially chondroitin sulfate, content. Chondroitin is a major component of cartilage.
INFLAMMATION MANAGEMENT: Organic Turmeric (Curcuma longa)
1. National Center for Biotechnology Institution; Herbal Medicine.
2. From traditional Ayurvedic medicine to modern medicine: Identification of therapeutic targets for suppression of inflammation and cancer.
3. Biological activities of Curcuma longa L.
An anti-inflammatory and ancient antioxidant used for centuries throughout Indonesia and Southeast Asia. There are over 1,000 worldwide published animal and human studies, both in vivo and in vitro in which the effects of curcumin, the major constituent in turmeric, have been examined, including memory support.
PAIN AND ANXIETY MANAGEMENT: CBD (Derived from Agricultural Industrial Hemp Oil). Non-GMO. CO2 Extraction. Non-Psychoactive.
1. Cannabidiol, a non-psychotropic componentof cannabis, attenuates vomiting and nausea-like behaviour via indirectagonism of 5-HT1Asomato-dendritic autoreceptors inthe dorsal raphe nucleus.
2. Cannabinoids in the management of difficult to treat pain.
3. The therapeutic potential…cannabinoid system.
4. Safety and Side Effects of Cannabidiol.
5. Regulation of nausea and vomiting by cannabinoids.
Studies show CBD to help with an array of symptoms, including pain, anxiety, inflammation and nausea. Rich in phytochemicals (vitamins, minerals, phytosterols, pigments, proteins, enzymes, essential sugars, polyphenol antioxidants, flavonoids and essential fatty acids). We consider it a superfood from Mother Nature’s own backyard.
GUT SUPPORT: Pre- and Probiotics
1. The Role of Enteric Microflora in Inflammatory Bowel Disease: Human and Animal Studies with Probiotics and Prebiotics.
2. Probiotics for Dogs: What Are They and How They Can Help.
3. International Association of Prebiotics and Probiotics
5. What’s the difference between a prebiotic and probiotic?
You Are What You Absorb. A body is only as strong as the nutrients it absorbs, and the gut is the body’s engine. A healthy gut increases nutrient absorption. Certain strains of bacteria are “friendly” to the body, helping to both strengthen the gut and inhibit growth of harmful bacteria that can cause yeast overgrowths in the ears and skin. Good bacteria include acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus) and lactobacillus bifidus. Acidophilus can help your dog detoxify, has antibacterial and antifungal properties, and can aid digestion and the absorption of nutrients. Sometimes when dogs have digestive difficulties preventing nutrient absorption, we can help them by replacing or supplementing their friendly bacteria. To help strengthen your dog’s gut, we have milled select organic foods that act as PREbiotics to feed the PRObiotics that act as enzymes and digestive aids geared specifically toward dogs recovering from intestinal stress. Adding PREbiotics is important for nourishing PRObiotics in order for them to thrive. These PREbiotic nutrients come in the form of milled plant fiber, specifically, organic superfoods chia and flaxseed, ground to increase bioavailability, which also delivers healthy Omega-3 fatty acids. You will also find organic wheatgrass in Pro-Active Biotics™, with the health benefits that include oxygenating/energizing chlorophyll, a natural internal cleanser.
NANOPARTICLE NUTRITION: Marine Phytoplankton
1. Evaluating Complementary Therapies for Canine Osteoarthritis Part I: Green-lipped Mussel (Perna canaliculus).
2. Animal Wellness. ‘Chia for Pets.’ 2017.
3. Flax and flaxseed oil: an ancient medicine & modern functional food.
4. NASA Says Marine Phytoplankton Most Important Plant in the World’. Stasia Bliss. June 23, 2013
5. Benefits of Essential Fatty Acids for Your Pets
6. Fish Oil (Omega-3 Fatty Acids): a Proven Treatment for Canine Arthritis
Phytoplankton is a “superfood” because of its nutrient density. Made of microscopic “nanoparticles” that are easily absorbed directly by the body’s thin mucous membranes, phytoplankton bypasses your dog’s digestive system. This not only preserves digestive energy but also allows nutrient absorption directly at the cellular level. Rich in Beta carotene (healthy linings), zeaxanthin (eye protection), trace minerals, DHA and EPA (brain health), essential amino acids (building blocks of proteins), vitamins, proteins, EFAs (essential fatty acids) and chlorophyll.
Marine phytoplankton has many health benefits:
• excellent source of energy and antioxidants
• raw, pure (no additives or preservatives), freeze dried
• non-GMO, gluten-free
HEALTHY FATTY ACIDS: WILD ALASKAN SALMON OIL
1. Benefits of Essential Fatty Acids for Your Pets
2. Fish Oil (Omega-3 Fatty Acids): a Proven Treatment for Canine Arthritis
3. Why recommend administration of fish oil to my pet?
4. Two Studies of Fish Oil for Canine Arthritis
5. Fish Oil (Omega-3 Fatty Acids): a Proven Treatment for Canine Arthritis
Wild Alaskan salmon oil (WASO) is known for its healthy Omega-3 fatty acid concentration of both EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) and DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid). These fatty acids naturally benefit our bodies by helping to reduce inflammation and keeping our circulatory system lubricated. We know the benefits our own body reaps from including WASO in our diet, but are you aware dogs too can benefit?
• Improves coat and skin, making it soft and shiny.
• Reducing inflammation that can lead to conditions such as arthritis.
• Helps to prevent skin allergies.
• Helps with Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
• Regulates the immune system.
Wonder Dog Superfoods™ purchases only premium human grade quality ingredients:
- 100% Human Grade
- Cold Pressed, Extra Virgin Extraction Process
- Wild Caught, Certified Sustainable
- Made in the USA
FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION (FDA) DISCLOSURE: These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease. Our CBD oil is a natural constituent of agricultural industrial hemp oil. Always check with your physician before starting a new dietary supplement program.